Learn the essentials of Hunting.
- Firearm setup, validation and optimisation – zero, velocity, accuracy
- Shooting Fundamentals – natural point of aim, hasty positions, speed
- Basic Ballistics – understanding units of measure, ballistic charts, calculators
- Reading atmospheric conditions and adjusting to them
- System Limitations – when to pull the trigger and what is too far
- Field Shooting Practice (out to 600m)
- Firearms maintenance and cleaning
- Big Game animal behaviour, habits, locations
- Using binoculars to spot and stalk Deer
- Knives and other hunting equipment
- Other equipment considerations – clothing, shelter, navigation and more
- Map and Compass use
- Hands-on field dressing and butchery course
- Game Meat care and cooking
Not a lot. It’s expected that you will have a firearms license, and have a suitable hunting rifle to attend with. A willingness to learn and a desire to eat meat will also help! This hunter training is suitable for those just getting into hunting, right through to guys who have been hunting for a while and want to learn and develop their skill set more. Not sure if it is for you? Just get in touch and have a chat.